Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] address@hidden: Re: Emacs bzr access probl

From: Martin Pool
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] address@hidden: Re: Emacs bzr access problems]
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 09:06:03 +1000

On 1 August 2011 05:31, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Could someone please look into this problem?
>
> FWIW, bzr+ssh access to the Emacs repo works fine for me.
>> The branch set up with ssh works fine. The ones without ssh, branched
>> from `nosmart+bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk' won't update on
>> bzr pull'.
>>
>> The error I get is:
>> Using saved parent location: bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk/
>> bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: Unexpected end of message. Please check
>> connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.

That means the server dropped or refused the connection.  It could be
that port is blocked between this user and the server, or the server
is not running, or something is making it abort after accepting the
connection, in which case there should be a message in the server log.
 (Though I would expect an outright closed or blocked port would give
a more obvious error.)

When I try (I don't have ssh access), I get a similar message

bzr log bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk
bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: Unexpected end of message. Please check
connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.

If you want bzr specific help just ask me.

Martin