Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Migrating items from one tracker to anothe

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Migrating items from one tracker to another...?
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:38:01 -0400

On 09/03/2011 06:11 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
     What I'd really like to do is move the patches and support tracker
     contents into the bug tracker ...
     Does anyone have any idea how to do such a thing?  Maybe with some magic
     Savannah admin script or something?

I have never seen anything like that.  Resolving conflicts and merging
info from different trackers sounds rather intimidating.
Paul, if you want to hack on it yourself you can surely have the data,
of course.

     Or, is there a way to make trackers read-only to the public,

All I know about is the on/off activation, which isn't what you want.

Michael?

Sorry,
karl

There's no magical way to import them. The good news is that support, bug, and patch items all share a nearly identical schema, so it would be possible to write a script to move tracker items.

I'm adding this to my to do list, but there's no real way I'll get around to it soon.