Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Migrating items from one tracker to anothe

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Migrating items from one tracker to another...?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 16:32:00 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:40:59 -0400, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, I've decided that having separate trackers for bugs, support,
> patches, and tasks is annoying and confusing.  I'd like to consolidate
> them all and have just one tracker: "Bugs".
>
> What I'd really like to do is move the patches and support tracker
> contents into the bug tracker (the tasks tracker was empty so I just
> turned it off).
>
> I realize this is not quite so simple since the numbering, fields, etc.
> are different.  However I'd be happy to have default values filled in
> for missing fields etc.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to do such a thing?  Maybe with some magic
> Savannah admin script or something?

I don't know about any such tool.

I'd suggest to not at any new entries in these trackers, but let them
persist until the issues are resolved.

> Or, is there a way to make trackers read-only to the public, so at least
> no NEW items can be added there but people can still see the old items
> (until I resolve them somehow)?

Yes: log in; point to {tasks, patches, ... } -> Set Permissions; there
you can set that only project members can create new {tasks, patches,
... }.  That's as tight as is possible currently, but your project
members should know what they're doing.

Grüße,
 Thomas