[Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems

From: Tim Cross
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:00:33 +1100

Starting this morning, I am unable to do a pull from the bzr repo for
emacs. I also tried to do a fresh bzr branch with the same result.

The commands I've tried using and the errors I am seeing follow

address@hidden:~/bzr/emacs/trunk$ bzr pull
Using saved parent location: http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk/
bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock
LockDir(filtered-172943884:///emacs/trunk/.bzr/branch/lock):
Permission denied:
"/srv/bzr/emacs/trunk/.bzr/branch/lock/0m3a6hs09w.tmp": [Errno 13]
Permission denied:
'/srv/bzr/emacs/trunk/.bzr/branch/lock/0m3a6hs09w.tmp'

For a fresh branch (or for a bzr pull on an existing branch) I get the
same error i.e.

address@hidden:~/tmp/bzr$ bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk/
bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: Unexpected end of message. Please check
connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.
address@hidden:~/tmp/bzr$

I don't think there are any network connectivity issues as I can
ping/traceroute fine. The error from the http method would indicate
I'm accessing the server, but that some file has bad permissions.

Tim

--
Tim Cross