Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:23:23 +1100

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:56:12 +1100
>> From: Tim Cross <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden, "Michael J. Flickinger" <address@hidden>
>> > What happens if you get a fresh checkout of emacs into a new
>> > repository?  That's working for me.
>>
>> I cannot get one! Both bzr pull and bzr branch exit with the same
>> error.
>
> Does "bzr branch" fail after a similar short time, or after a much
> longer time?  For me, "bzr branch" fails after exactly one hour, if
> I'm on a sufficiently slow network connection that prevents the
> command to do its job faster.

The bzr branch last slightly longer - and I do mean slightly. The
output shows bzr pull fails after 2kb and bzr branch after 9kb. So, in
reality, its about the same and very quick i.e. under 30 seconds for
both.

>> It seems to be restricted to just repositories hosted on savannah.
>
> Agreed.

Actually, I might have confused things there. While bzr pull over an
existing copy obtained via bzr branch http:// failed, it would seem
bzr branch http:// is working (waiting to see if it finished before 1
hour or dies at the 1 hour mark!). As Martin pointed out, launchpad
uses http and not bzr, so its not a good comparison.

Looking more like a problem with bzr://, especailly if http:// from
savannah works.

--
Tim Cross