Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] ntpd?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] ntpd?
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 22:21:31 GMT

    This was manually setup some time back (not by me), since the DomUs time
    was drifting.  ntp needs to update the time every hour to avoid being a
    second off, from time to time.

Of course all clocks drift.  My point was that if the ntp *daemon* was
running, ntpdate would not have to be run (with the ensuing abrupt
system clock jumps).  It would also be vastly more accurate, though
probably invisible to humans, granted.

As far as I can tell, ntpd is not set up on any savannah system, for no
good reason that I know of.  I seem to recall Sylvain putting in the
ntpdate stuff as a "temporary" hack.