Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] quickthreads web repository creation

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] quickthreads web repository creation
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:47:52 -0500

On 11/27/12 7:11 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
Hi Michael (and all),

Frankie Onuonga (cc'd) is the new maintainer of GNU QuickThreads.  Not
unreasonable, he'd like to update the (nonexistent) web page for it.
(There was a placeholder at gnu.org/s/quickthreads in the www
repository, but I just removed it.)

However, I'm not sure how to set this up.  I enabled the "home page"
feature in the UI, which (supposedly) enabled the web pages repository.
But trying to check it out yields:

   Cannot access /web/quickthreads/CVSROOT
   No such file or directory

Looking on vcs, indeed, there is no /web/quickthreads directory.
So I ran cvs init, which was fine, but then:
vcs:/web# chgrp -R quickthreads quickthreads
chgrp: invalid group: `quickthreads'

Argh.  Clearly some assumption about the setup is not being satisfied.
Does some other "source code" feature have to be enabled too?
Wait for cron?
Help?

Quickthreads was not accepted yet, it was in pending status awaiting review. That said, I approved the project.

For future reference, the cron runs every 30 minutes.

(I also couldn't find anything on the wiki about this.)

I need to finish up fixing the wiki, my apologies for it remaining in limbo.

Thanks,
Karl