[Savannah-hackers-public] MTA problems on internal

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] MTA problems on internal
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:19:55 -0600

The VM internal is having problems with the MTA.  Running mailq there
shows many messages that are "frozen".  Doing some testing it looks
like Exim is still delivering messages to at least some addresses.
But others, such as root email, is not being delivered.

Does anyone know if there is anything special about the MTA
configuration on the VMs?  Internal seems misconfigured.

  $ connect localhost 25
  220 colonialone.fsf.org ESMTP Exim 4.72 Thu, 25 Apr 2013 23:17:59 +0000
  QUIT
  221 colonialone.fsf.org closing connection

As to the problems the logs are indicating:

  2013-04-25 23:06:55 1UVVFf-00012Z-As == address@hidden R=dnslookup
T=remote_smtp defer (111): Connection refused

Connection refused sounds like a configuration problem.  But if I test
mail delivery manually I can do it.  Mail is sent through okay.  So
the problem seems to be local to frontend and not a firewall or
misconfiguration on the other end.

Thanks,
Bob