Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GPL and “All rights r eserved”

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GPL and “All rights r eserved”
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 23:22:00 GMT

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_mining

Thanks.  The use of the word "mining" still confuses me, among other
things.  But whatever, it's not important that I understand.

    Most (all?) FPGA chips have undisclosed bitstream formats.

I see, dimly.  Well, in any case, policy on this kind of fuzzy
hardware/software issue has to be decided by rms.  I couldn't begin to
guess what he will think about it.

Thanks,