Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Mirrors] ibiblio issue

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Mirrors] ibiblio issue
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 22:33:08 GMT

    http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/gnu/ftp/gnu/

I can connect to it by either http or rsync, but evidently it hasn't
been updated since August 7, according to mirror-updated-timestamp.txt.
Sigh.

    Has anything changed on our end?

In principle, only the FSF sysadmins can tell you about ibiblio.  They
run a separate cron job that pushes from ftp.gnu.org to ibiblio.  (This
was before rsync was available on ftp.gnu.org.  I think I'm going to
going to suggest a change there, since ibiblio wanted to pull from us in
the first place and we wouldn't let them.  Anyway.)

However, as it turns out, when I look at the sysadmin RT queue, I see
that indeed the cron job was disabled ~10 days ago because the ibiblio
end was out of disk space.  I will ping them to retry.  I don't know
what effect, if any, Jeffrey's cc to them had.