Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Criterion regarding minimum acceptable use

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Criterion regarding minimum acceptable usefulness/capability of submitted packages
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:58:12 GMT

    I was somewhat sure I'd sent a message asking about this,

I don't recall seeing it, but don't know for sure.

    https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13796

I wouldn't rule it out on the basis of size, but the LPPL is not
GPL-compatible, so if he's releasing his material under the LPPL, that's
a stopper.

If he's releasing his material under the GPL, that's ok, but

1) it would not be bad to ask him why he wants to host on savannah, and
2) it would not be bad to suggest that he could just upload it as a
package to ctan (ctan.org/upload).  If he wants his template to get into
the TeX distributions, it has to go there anyway.