Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Permission issue in the audio-video direct

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Permission issue in the audio-video directory
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 23:09:29 GMT

    Very frustrating for a cleaning lady.  :)

I understand, being the janitorial type too :).

    oitofeliz, luca, dskfw and atticusrex (Zak) are members of svusers

Indeed, Luca explicitly asked us to make him a shell account
specifically so he could do audio-video stuff.  Pity none of us realized
that changing group permissions was all that was really needed.

    I still think it wouldn't harm to set the group of all directories
    to audio-video.

It seems that has been done.  Let us know if that part still looks broken?

    >   http://audio-video.gnu.org/
    > Or?
    >   http://www.gnu.org/software/audio-video/

We can conceivably try to "trigger" an update, but it seems like it
would be nice to understand what the intended setup is.  E.g., does the
former use the cvs files from the latter?

You or one of us could take a look at fencepost:/srv/data/www-config and
../www-mirror, which should be copies of the real web server setup and
the files on it (respectively), which might garner some info.
Unfortunately I cannot look right now.

Happy cleaning,
Karl