Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mail server changed to postfix (from exim4

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mail server changed to postfix (from exim4) ?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:32:59 -0600

Hello Assaf,

Assaf Gordon wrote:
> While checking a ticket about password-reset email, I noticed that "frontend"
> now runs "postfix"  instead of "exim4", and the logs are in /var/log/mail.* .
> (you also mention it on May 7th,
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2016-05/msg00007.html
>  )
>
> If this is a permanent change, I'd like to update the wiki page (
> http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/MailSystem/ ).

I would like to make this a permanent change.  From my perspective
Postfix has a more complete debug trail when tracking messages through
the mail queues.  And generally I prefer working with Postfix
configuration over Exim.  However I realize much of the preference
differences between Postfix and Exim is exactly that, personal
preference, and not due to capabilities or lack of them in one or the
other.  Both are extremely capable.

However if there is no objection I would like to continue with Postfix
since we are the ones who are doing the debugging most of the time.
In which case I think it is much easier with Postfix.

Bob