Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr post-commit email hook

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr post-commit email hook
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 23:34:41 -0500

Hello Bob and Glenn,

I'll add one more thing:

> On Feb 10, 2017, at 19:38, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
>
> /opt/savannah/savane/backend/accounts/sv_membersh is a checked out
> copy of the git source for Savannah's savane source code.  That is the
> source code copy of the file.  That isn't the live file.
>
>  vcs:~# getent passwd rwp
>  rwp:x:65821:1003:Bob Proulx:/srv:/usr/local/bin/sv_membersh
>
>  address@hidden:~# getent passwd rwp
>  rwp:x:65821:1003:Bob Proulx:/srv:/opt/savannah/bin/sv_membersh
>
> The live file is /srv:/opt/savannah/bin/sv_membersh on vcs0 and
> /usr/local/bin/sv_membersh on vcs.

The 'live' file /opt/savannah/bin/sv_membersh was not copied from any
other server. It is the result of installing the checked-in
source of the 'savane' repository by running:

    cd /opt/savannah/savane
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/savannah/
    make
    make install

which is why:

>> vcs0:sv_membersh is not synced with vcs:sv_membersh .
>> In particular, it is missing all the bzr changes I made years ago.
>> I'm not sure how that could happen

I assume it happens because over long period of time,
various savannah admins changed various files
(e.g. scripts on 'vcs'), but never checked them into the 'savane'
repository.
Quite understandable, as it is a big mess, and many scripts
aren't checked-in at all (e.g. all those in "vcs:/usr/src/infra").

On Feb 10, 2017, at 22:30, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

>I think I've copied all the changes across now, so it might be working.

I'll have some time tomorrow, so I'll commit your updates
to the repository as needed - otherwise we'll lose them
again the next time savane in updated/installed.

> I no longer have any writable bzr repos on Savannah to test with.

I took the liberty of adding you (Glenn) to our dedicated test-project
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/test-project/

It has repositories of all types including bzr:
  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/test-project/trunk/view/head:/README

You should be able to commit changes with:
  bzr branch bzr+ssh://address@hidden/test-project/branch

If you could help us test it, it would be very much appreciated.
If not - I'll try to test it a bit later.

Many thanks!!
 - assaf