Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Red Hat UPtoDATE

From: loic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Red Hat UPtoDATE
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:56:33 +0200

        Hi,

        From what I read it seems to be a very ambitious project.
Are you sure a project on Savannah will be enough ? Wouldn't you need
a dedicated machine in addition ?

        The other serious concern is that a distribution is made of
many software and that not all of them are under the GPL. In fact
there probably even are some software that are covered by licences
that do not even qualify as Free Sofware on the RedHat-7.1
distribution since RedHat does not make a difference between the
two. Debian does, for instance, and you'll be able to see which
software are free and which are not.

        Maybe a more detailed description of what you plan to do will
help understand how and if it can be supported by the GNU project ?

        Thanks in advance for your help,