[Savannah-hackers] Re: Re:Sorry for disturbing everyone again

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Re:Sorry for disturbing everyone again
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:58:23 +0200

Lei Ding writes:
 > Commands:
 > address@hidden /root]# export CVS_RSH=ssh
 > address@hidden /root]# cvs -t -z3
 > address@hidden:/cvsroot/aoobts co aoobts
 > cvs checkout: notice: main loop with
 > address@hidden:/cvsroot/aoobts
 >  -> Starting server:ssh subversions.gnu.org -l lei cvs
 > server
 > address@hidden's password:address@hidden(K
 > Permission denied, please try again.
 > address@hidden's password:

        It turns out that ssh is *not* asking for the passphrase (the
message would be different) but for the password. There is a problem
here.

 > Note:address@hidden(K is my passphrase.
 > Thanks again.

        You should *never* send your passphrase to anyone. I strongly
suggest you regenerate your ssh key with another passphrase.

        Can I suggest that you seek assistance from a friend who is
familiar with these issues ?

        Cheers,