[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of SandStorm Component f

From: i_sofer
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of SandStorm Component framework
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 00:10:40 -0700

Idan Sofer <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: SandStorm Component framework
System name: sstorm

My project (SandStorm) is aimed at creating distributed server-side
component model around XML-RPC.

It defines and implements a component registry, itself accessable by XML-RPC
API, which allows component to register themselves as handlers for some API.

It also implements a set of common components in Python and Java, which can
be useful for web services, including an in-memory cache, headlines(RSS)
fetcher, and distributed authentication mechanism.

The project is currently registered and hosted on sourceforge.net, however,
I have fears about the intentions of VA Linux in the long-term, and I wish
to transfer it to a place more committed to GNU values.