[Savannah-hackers] Re: No GIF please

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: No GIF please
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:40:58 -0400

Loic Dachary <address@hidden> wrote:

>       Your project pages on savannah.gnu.org use .gif files. Could you
> please replace them by .png or .jpg files ? I include a full explanation
> of the problems related to .gif files. Let us know if you need more
> information.

Thanks for writing this.  Can you state this somewhere explicitly and very
noticeable on freesoftware.fsf.org and savannah?

Meanwhile, is there a way we could prohibit 'cvs add's of any GIF file to
a CVS server on savannah and freesoftware.fsf.org, giving a message of why
it is not permitted?

(We definitely want to prohibit this on savannah.  I am not sure yet if we
want to do so on freesoftware.fsf.org, but we probably do.  Anyway, I'd
first like to know if it is technically feasible).

   -- bkuhn