Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The Jtrix Project

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The Jtrix Project
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:34:59 +0200

 > My intention was to use Savannah is the same way we currently use
 > Freshmeat and SourceForge - a mechanism to raise awareness in the Open
 > Source community of what we think is a great technology by announcing
 > releases as and when they occur.
 >
 > If you feel that Savannah is an inappropriate forum for this, I would be
 > disappointed, but I think I understand your position.

        Unlike SourceForge, Savannah is developped and maintained by
volunteers. Each new project adds a little workload, even empty ones.
For this reason I'd be grateful if you could understand that providing
advertising for Free Software projects is not the primary goal of
Savannah.

        Of course, if you'd like to contribute to the development and
maintenance so that it can satisfy that kind of usage, you're welcome
to participate. Savannah is very open to contributors.

        Cheers,