[Savannah-hackers] missing feature in commit messages.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] missing feature in commit messages.
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:14:02 -0600 (MDT)

I put myself on the emacs-commit mailing list but Eli says that I will
only get information about changes, not the actual diffs:

    Last but not least, the commit messages don't bring the diffs
    themselves, only the CVS log message and a URL which, if fed to a Web
    browser, will show you the diffs.  I find this convenient (since many
    changes are not interesting for me, and I can filter them using the
    log message).  However, if it's not easy for you to use a Web browser,
    perhaps you will have problems with this method.

This will be rather ineffective for me; it won't be feasible for me to
connect to CVS every day to get the diffs.  Can you possibly set up an
option to mail the actual diffs as well as the notices?