[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of NintiNet

From: admin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of NintiNet
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 04:08:57 -0400

Michael Hall <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: NintiNet
System name: nintinet

The project involves the development of several small PHP/MySQL web
applications for use in K-12 schools. Some of these may be combined into a
larger, modularised web application. Three applications are in prototype stage
and in use in schools, others are still on the drawing board.

Existing:

NintiNet: A daily bulletin/calendar application for teachers and admin staff
see http://openlearningcommunity.org/ninti/nintinet.php

NintiNews: an online student newspaper application
see http://openlearningcommunity.org/ninti/nintinews.php

NintiProject: an online student project application
see http://openlearningcommunity.org/ninti/nintiproject.php

On the way:

NintiReports: online reporting application
NintiESL: English as a Second Language teaching application
NintiTracker: a tracking and reporting application for indigenous and/or
itinerant students (I work mainly with indigenous Australian students) to allow
meaningful records to be kept across schools.

I\'m aiming for robust, easily maintainable and customisable applications that
carry no fat and are easy to install and configure.

Ideally, each of these projects would be registered as a seperate project when
I am ready to get each one going. There are two ready to go right now, with a
third just needing the code cleaning up a bit.