[Savannah-hackers] usermod & all lossage

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] usermod & all lossage
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 10:19:01 +0200

        I now have evidence that usermod does not behave as expected when
locking is required. Here is what happened:

        Two sf_cvs script ran by accident at the same time (on by cron,
one by me). They both started to run a fairly large amount of usermod
commands.

        My own script froze, the cron dumped core.

        Nothing wrong was done but this is not reassuring at all.

        I'll try to figure out how to solve this. Ideas are welcome.

        Cheers,