[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Plex86 Virtual Machin

From: drew . northup2
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Plex86 Virtual Machine
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 23:44:13 -0500

Drew Northup N1XIM <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Plex86 Virtual Machine
System name: plex86

The intent of applying for project space on Savannah is to move the Plex86
project from its current home at http://www.plex86.org (as hosted by
www.fastxs.org) to a place where I (Drew Northup N1XIM) can continue the Plex86
(formerly FreemWare) project started by Kevin Lawton (the creator of Bochs,
http://bochs.sourceforge.net).  The reasons that I cannot continue to maintain
the project at its current address are numerous--but they all break down the
basic issue of admin access.  Here at Savannah Plex86 may be more easily
maintained by myself (and hopefully others in the near future) since I will
have CVS write access here, and since I will have the needed permissions to
maintain the project web site here.

Plex86, in case you are not familiar with it, is an attempt to create a free
(LGPL), more capable, and more user-friendly alternative to VmWare.  Plex86
seeks to be a true virualizer of the Intel Architecture--unlike VmWare--and
thus should be an extreemely useful development tool for anyone whom doesn\'t
wish to commit a machine to just testing activities.  Also, extenstions to
Plex86 have been purposed to allow Plex86 to take on duties similar to Citrix
MetaFrame in client server environments.  All in all Plex86 seeks to be a true
broad-based free software project.