Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU DIFF and patc

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU DIFF and patch.
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:04:59 +0000

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 09:30:58PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Paul Eggert <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: website
> Other License:
> Package: GNU DIFF and patch.
> System name: diffutils
> This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project
>
> You can use the `diff\' command to show differences between two files,
> or each corresponding file in two directories. `diff\' outputs
> differences between files line by line in any of several formats,
> selectable by command line options. This set of differences is often
> called a `diff\' or `patch\'. For files that are identical, `diff\'
> normally produces no output; for binary (non-text) files, `diff\'
> normally reports only that they are different.
>
> The home page for this project is at:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/diffutils/

Hi Paul,
I still haven't approved your project submission in Savannah, because I would
like to make sure that you understand that having chosen the website only
license will limit your usage of Savannah.

If your project was approved as a regular project, you could still go to the
administration page and deactivate the CVS feature or any other features that
you currently do not need to use; but you would leave the possibility open to
use them in the future. Please tell me whether you still want it to be a
website-only project and I will approve it the way you want it.

Cheers,
Jaime Villate