Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Hindu Apologetics

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Hindu Apologetics
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:38:33 +0000

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 01:20:56AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Jagan Mohan R <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: fdl
> Other License:
> Package: Hindu Apologetics
> System name: hinduism
>
> The Project is to
> 1. translate literature (Specifically Scriptures of Hinduism) from languages
> such as Sanskrit, Prakrit, Tamil, Kanada, Telugu, etc into English and to
> develop Translitration schemas for these languages.
> 2. Make available the translations in english language in a format that is
> easy to transfer, readable in any OS environment and independent of any
> existing copyrights and other restrictions.
> 3. To build a library of commentaries, purports and explainations on the
> Literature and make them availabe for free access on the Internet
> 4. To build a Hindu Apologetics website with content generated by volunteers
> including those mentioned above and to form a community devoted to Hinduism
> and Indian Philosophy Apology.
>
> The Project is to be called \'Hindu Apologetics\' and is being build in
> pre-alpha stages at http://www.comparative-religion.com
> The Project shall be build under OpenContent Licensing ver.1.0
> (opencontent.org) at http://Savannah.gnu.org

Hi,
Your project is very interesting, but I'm sorry that we currently only
accept software projects or projects to produce documentation for
software. Your project is out of that scope. We know that the web interface we
use could be very helpful for projects such as Hindu Apologetics, but with our
currently limited infrastructure we have decided to concentrate in helping
only software-development projects.

Regards,
Jaime Villate