[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Destination Zyklon

From: takis
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Destination Zyklon
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:45:31 -0500

Panagiotis Issaris <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Destination Zyklon
System name: dzk
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

One thing that the GNU project is still lacking, is high quality games. This
project intends to change that. We are going to create a very pretty, fun to
play, shoot-em-up and will publish the game using the GPL
license. We\'re aiming for high portability and therefor will be using the GNU
Automake/Autoconf system. The name of the game is ``Destination Zyklon\'\'.

DZK is a 2D shoot-em-up in the genre of Xenon, Chromium and Raptor.
The player is able to move a spaceship in four directions and use
various weapons and shields. The player will get the feeling that
he is traveling through space. Various alienships and monsters
attack your ship and the player can shoot those ships and receive
some points. Throughout the game, the player can collect bonus objects.
At various locations in the game, the player can upgrade his ship,
his weapons and shields.

The game does not exist yet, but me and a friend of mine are working on it.