[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Extreme Waste Of Keys

From: chilalin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Extreme Waste Of Keystokes
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 09:47:55 -0500

Bobby Bailey <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Extreme Waste Of Keystokes
System name: ewok

My project\'s purpose is to develop a new, custom multiplayer gaming engine,
similar in all respects to a \"MUD\".

Current design goals:

* A concise, module-based design. A core module will handle message queues and
registration and handling of modules.

* Modules will be (mostly) self-contained systems, able to be inserted or
removed from the core in order to provide functionality to the engine\'s key
systems.

* Create tools to aid developers in creating modules for the core engine.

* Create a set of example modules to demontrate their use.

  Proposed modules:

    - Networking. This module will handle all incoming and outgoing data
connections to/from the server.

    - User accounting. This module will be responsible for tracking user access
to the server for the purposes of billing, character tracking, etc.

    - World mechanics. This module will handle all user interaction with the
virtual enviornment. This is where all the real action takes place, handling
combat, world construction, etc.

    - Whatever else we come up with as we work out the design.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.