[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Partner Management To

From: geraldo_kirk
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Partner Management Tool
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 07:55:20 -0500

Gerry Kirk <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Partner Management Tool
System name: prime

The purpose of this project is to develop a web-based application for managing
the relationships between an organization and its partners. The primary focus
will be to develop this project for Mennonite Central Committee Bangladesh, an
NGO I am volunteering for.

The final application will be usable by any organization with similar needs. I
have seen many other NGOs with the same problem: a need to better manage the
information on the partners they work with, and especially an ability to
collect data monitored on a regular basis, and assess that data against
evaluative criteria. Note that a partner could be another organization, a
person, a family, a village, etc.

I intend to develop it in such a way that any organization can define the
following:

1) background information on their partner(s)
2) what information to collect periodically
3) evaluative criteria

The application will be built using primarily PHP and MySQL, with possibly some
Javascript and other technologies like XML. I am very interested in using the
Binarycloud PHP development framework (http://binarycloud.tigris.org/) for this
project.

Presently, the project is in initial planning stage. I hope to publish
requirement and design documents by end of January.