[Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] glob2 want to be a GNU package

From: savannah-hackers
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] glob2 want to be a GNU package
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 04:00:50 -0500

Hi,

The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

Submitter: <address@hidden>
Project Full Name:  Globulation 2
Project System Name:  glob2
License:  gpl
Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=1029

Globulation 2 is a 2D free software game that is real time (like starcraft) and
strategic intensive (like civilisation).
The most approching game I can remember is The Settlers.
In Glob2 (it\'s short name) you decide which building to put where and then
some creatures (named globules) go to harvest ressources and construct the
buildings. Of course, thoses creatures must eat so they need a food building.
This introduces a complexe system that is really fun to evolve. After some time
you can build aggressive globules and try to attack the enemy.
Glob2 can be played alone vs an AI or up to 32 players through TCP/IP. A
primitive but working meta server (like battle.net for starcraft) is working
and running on a friend\'s server.
It uses SDL for graphical abstraction and an OpenGL version is planned (always
2D, but uses HW acceleration).

It is actually not finished (the gfx, the gui and the gameplay need work) but
it is already playable.
You can get a CVS snapshot at http://ysagoon.com/glob2
You also need to take the graphics tarball.
After that go to the map editor and create a simple map. If you encounter any
problem send me a mail and I\'ll send you a map.

Note : the CVS snapshot will have the correct GPL header from january 7th 5:15
pm :-)

 -- the Savannah admin