Re: [Savannah-hackers] Register as Emacs developer

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Register as Emacs developer
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:57:17 +0100

Jan D. writes:
 > Hello.
 >
 > I mailed Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> (one of Emacs project admins as
 > shown in http://savannah.gnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group_id=40) to be
 > registered as an Emacs developer, but he replied:
 >
 > > Sorry, I'm not the right person to talk to about this (unless I've
 > > been given some powers I'm unaware of).  I don't think I have the
 > > sufficient access rights to add people to the project.

        Eli Zaretskii is probably not aware of the fact that he can do
this himself. Maybe you could explain this to him ?

        Go to https://savannah.gnu.org/account/login.php
        login as eliz
        Go to https://savannah.gnu.org/project/admin/?group_id=40
        At the bottom of the page, just above the Add User button,
        type <your savannah login name that I don't know>
        click on Add User

        And that's it.

 > > I think you need to talk to address@hidden and/or
 > > address@hidden
 >
 > So I'd like to know if project admins really have this power and Eli is just
 > not aware of the procedure?  Then I could mail one of the other admins.
 >
 > Or are you the guys that does this?

        Although we could technically do it, it makes a lot more sense that
project leaders manage the list of developers for a given project instead
of people who are not directly involved in the project. Going back and forth
with savannah-hackers for that kind of day-to-day maintainance is a pain
for everyone.

        Cheers,