[Savannah-hackers] Re: [CoreTeam][Bizplan] Deal. (was: Re: cost of Regi

From: Hans Zandbelt
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [CoreTeam][Bizplan] Deal. (was: Re: cost of Registration Statement)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:01:09 +0100

Hi all,

I do not intend to put much effort into the Java demo
implementation anymore, since we are working on a C
implementation now, which we consider to be more
important.

I suggest the following:

  1. I put the Java source code on SourceForge or DotGnu
     as it is.
     Anybody can contribute to improve it and/or port it
     to Kaffe. If anyone wants to use this in a non-demo
     environment, improvement will be necessary.
  2. I work together with someone who actually tries to
     get IDsec-Java stuff to work on his system, so I'll be
     able to compose useful documentation on how to install,
     setup and run IDsec-Java.

2. is a requirement, since a lot of external tools are needed
(MySQL, Turbine, Ant, Muffin, JSSE) and the setup of the
complete demo environment (Profile Requester, Profile Owner
and Profile Manager) and is not always trivial (although most
of the code is). We hope to provide a more smooth and integrated
setup in our C variant.

So, if someone is willing to cooporate, we can make a start.

Hans.

PS1: the Java implementation is not completely up-to-date with
     the spec anymore (mostly naming issues)

PS2: be aware, our IDsec-Java demo runs as two proxies between
     your web-browser and the rest of the internet, showing
     content adaptation of web-sites. If you want to use IDsec
     in your web-server, it has to be be able either to communicate
     to/through a proxy, or link with IDsec Java (Sun JDK) classes.