Re: [Savannah-hackers] Homepage question

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Homepage question
Date: 02 Feb 2002 18:07:13 +0000

Bill Lance <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Just started a project on Savannah, and I am confused
> about the Homepage section.  Is this host space on the
> Savannah server that is attached to the project or
> simply a reference to an external site?
>
> If the former, how do I access that space for page
> mamagement?

It is a reference to an external site (pages are stored on a GNU
webserver).

However, you can easily maintain your web pages because they are held
in a CVS repository on savannah.

If you go to the CVS section of your project page you will see that
you can download the HTML CVS.

This is a badly named reference to your web site (dunno why it's
called HTML - it could of course be any web content).

If you use CVS to checkout the web pages you can very easily maintain
your site by altering files and then checking them back in to CVS.

Savannah has a clever program that causes changes to the HTML CVS to
be uploaded to the external webserver after a small amount of time.

Nic Ferrier