[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Open File Manager

From: born
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Open File Manager
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:51:39 -0500

Raphael Bugajewski <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Open File Manager
System name: ofm
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

Our project is a Norton Commander clone for GNU/Linux. Because mc is too
\'big\' we wanted to write a faster and more portablier programme using the
curses library. For now there is a split desktop and the user can choice
between 1-3 windows, which show a directory listing. Some functions like copy,
move and remove are also implemented. I\'am going to write a vi-like editor for
the file manager and then we are going to integrate it into the OFM project.
Furthermore we want to include ftp and ssh support and evtl. make use of other
GPL libraries... We want to move to Savannah, because we don\'t follow the
SourceForge policy...

The project already exists and you can download it at
http://ofm.sourceforge.net/