Re: [Savannah-hackers] GPG keys

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GPG keys
Date: 18 Feb 2002 01:25:10 +0000

Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:

> Nic Ferrier writes:
>  > I think I raised this before, but I'll do it again...
>  >
>  > Wouldn't it be useful for the "my" page to provide a means for a
>  > devloper to upload their GPG key to savannah (or subversions?) and for
>  > the "personal" page for each developer to provide uploaded keys
>  > inline.
>  >
>  > Then those of us who use it could obtain authoritative keys.
>  >
>  >
>  > I know it's not the BEST way to distribute keys. But for those of us
>  > working on the GNU project it would be a GOOD way.
>
>       It would be nice. Someone should do it. Volunteer ?-)

Ok. I know nothing about:

- PHP (not quite true, I do know a bit)
- Sourceforge
- savannah implementation

but I have had a go at this. I'm pretty sure what I've done will work
(I've only done the uploading part) but I'm not sure how it test it.

Also, I'm not sure what sort of facilities you have for large-ish
fields. I can see a column on the user table for the SSH key, is it
actually held in the database for each user?

What I've done is to add a field to the SQL tables (for the user's
key) and then add some code to handle uploading it.

I won't attach the diff here... do I send it to a list? If anyone is
keen to see it I've put in on my webserver, here:

   http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk/downloads/sav-diff.tar.gz

What I really want to know is if there is anywhere for me to test
this. To be honest, I don't want this change so much that I will go
to the trouble to setup a development savannah locally!

Nic