Re: [Savannah-hackers] Kerberos problem?

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Kerberos problem?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:23:29 -0800

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:16:38PM +0100, Loic Dachary wrote:

>  > Was a solution ever found for getting good support for the huge
>  > number of groups/members?  The sysadmin CVS module doesn't like
>  > me in Kerberos mode, and I have the thought of having to
>  > recompile one package specially. =(

>       Could you please send the exact command you're using and its
> output ?

Here's my complete log (including a test to show the difference
between having a ticket and not having a ticket)

address@hidden:~/cvstree/sysadmin$ cvs update
Trying krb4 rsh...
krb_sendauth failed: You have no tickets cached
trying normal rsh (/usr/bin/netkit-rsh)
exec: No such file or directory
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
address@hidden:~/cvstree/sysadmin$ kinit
Password for address@hidden:
address@hidden:~/cvstree/sysadmin$ cvs update
cvs server: cannot open /cvsroot/sysadmin/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied
Cannot access /cvsroot/sysadmin/CVSROOT
Permission denied
address@hidden:~/cvstree/sysadmin$ CVS_RSH=ssh cvs update
cvs server: Updating .
address@hidden:~/cvstree/sysadmin$

--
I gotta ding ding dang a dang a long ding dong.