[Savannah-hackers] Re: Broken web link to GDB docs

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Broken web link to GDB docs
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:26:04 -0500

Ron Peterson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:04:55AM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
> > >Probably the reason this hasn't happened is that we encourage everyone
> > >to make gnu.org the primary repository for GNU projects.  The flip
> > >side being that we don't do anything to facilitate doing otherwise...
> >

> > Something else to keep in mind, the generation of the onlinedocs
> > directory is part of a 2-3 hour cronjob that runs every night.  It
> > churns out snapshots, diffs, documentation and various other things for
> > both the current branch (5.1) and trunk.
> >
> > How did GCC set things up?
>
> Before I lead you too far astray, I'm going to pass this along to
> people who know more about gnu policies and procedures than I do...

Imitating GCC is the last thing we want.  Please don't let them go down
that road.

Please ask them the nicely to keep the pages on savannah by default, and
rsync back to Redhat.  Be extremely nice about your request, include a
statement like: "If there is some feature that you need that savannah
doesn't have, please let us know and we'll work hard to try to provide
it".

Also, Cc address@hidden when you write back.

   -- bkuhn