Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Open Source UNESC

From: d . storti
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Open Source UNESCO Isis
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:35:55 +0100

Thank you Jaime,

I will re-apply again and be more precise.
I am aware about the differences between the terms Open Source and Free
Software.

However, for the time being, if this represents a problem I would need some
time to clarify the issue here.

UNESCO CDS/ISIS is a database management software developed and
distributed free of charge by UNESCO since 1985. You may get more
information at:

http://www.unesco.org/webworld/isis

I am currently the responsible person for this project. UNESCO is willing to
develop an "Open Source" version of its software (from UNESCO's
programme and budget 2002-2003) for free (as freedom. I really find this
"free" term trivial... :-) ) distribution of code and sources.

Best regards,
Davide
Davide Storti
Information Society Division