Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Espresso Modeling

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Espresso Modeling Interface
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:17:49 +0000

I'm sorry but we cannot host your project in Savannah.
We only host projects that can be used in a completely Free Software system,
without having to install any proprietary packages. Your
project depends on Java Web Start and the Globus Java CoG, which needs Swing.
Both Java Web Start and Swing are proprietary and I'm not aware of any
free substitutes.

You you can manage to make your project work with a free implementation of
Java (see: http://www.gnu.org/software/java) and without any non-free
dependencies, then you can register it here.

Cheers,
Jaime