[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Programming Ruby in D

From: juergen . katins
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Programming Ruby in Deutsch
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:15:57 -0500

Jürgen Katins <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: I plan to put this translation under Open Publication License
V1.0.
Look at  http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/

I prefere this license because it is a license for publications and not for
software and because I don\'t know any other publication license and because
the original book in under the same license.
Package: Programming Ruby in Deutsch
System name: progrubyger

My project translates the book \"Programming Ruby\" by Dave Thomas and Andrew
Hunt to german language. I hope parts of it will become a part of the
internationalisation branch of freeride project which is hosted also at
savannah.

After the explanation I say:
It already exists and you can see it at
http://home.vr-web.de/juergen.katins/ruby/
The translation is finished by about 80%. I am struggling with integrated
pictures now.

I don\'t need any cvs or other stuff I don\'t understand anyway. I want to
relocate my website and I need a simple (!) way to upload it. At the moment I
use http-upload (thats fine) and I don\'t want to be bothered with any command
line utilities with huge lists of parameters and even more options.
At sourceforge I was confronted with a user rejecting command line program
named pscp.exe which did not work either.
After finishing the translation I plan to maintain the book by updating it with
the erratas the readers sent in. If it is possible I would include for that
purpose in the website some page like the one I am just writing on.

I hope I can host my project at savannahs. But don\'t be sorry if you can not
approve my project. Then I will try to get it running on sourceforge (the one
with the lousy upload procedures).