[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of FTPTraq

From: cyngon
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of FTPTraq
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:18:11 -0500

Bryan Helmkamp <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: FTPTraq
System name: ftptraq

My project will serv as a way for FTP administrators to provide a web based
interface to their FTP.  Using PHP and MySQL, my project will keep properties
of all items in an FTP and allow users to browse the items on the FTP in
various ways.

At its most basic level, my project will be able to search through a given
directory and generate an HTML list of all the items existing on the FTP root.
It will also be able to derive information about those items (such as size,
number of files, and date modified) through the file system and include them in
the generated HTML list.

In addition to listing the items on the FTP my web-based program will rely on a
MySQL database that allows users to rate files on an FTP and submit comments
about them.

Details about the files above and beyond those that can be derived from the
file system such as related URLs.  This data will all be administrated via a
web-based control panel.

Key goals of the project are the ability to run on an NT or *nix computer,
independence of database, and the ability to be configured to have the web
server serving the web-based portion of the program be on a seprate box than
the actual FTP server or, it will allow for the same computer to serve as both
the FTP server and the web server.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.