[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Particle Swarm Visual

From: fisco
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Particle Swarm Visualisation
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 04:05:49 -0400

Fisco <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License:
Other License:
Package: Particle Swarm Visualisation
System name: pso3d
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

This project is basically a generic visualization project for most particle
swarm optimization research. The reason for this project is that a simple 3d
representation of the search space and the corresponding particle positions is
needed. There are numerous people involved in particle swarm optimization
within the Computational Intelligence Group at Pretoria University and would
require such a visualization.

This project will require the use of 3d rendering of fitness landscapes and the
representation of semi/transparent particles (In order to track the best
particle always). The user must also be able to move through the search space
and zoom in and out.
Initially all the fitness landscape and particle position data will have
already been generated and available. This visualization program will tarce
through that data and give a visual representation of what the particles are
doing in the landscape.

This project does not exist but I am working on it. I need this project for my
research so it WILL be implmented in any case.

Other Software Required:
Mesa 3d libraries (not sure which version yet)
A working linux distribution that can support opengl.

Other Comments:
none.