[Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] ess want to be a GNU package

From: A.J. Rossini
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] ess want to be a GNU package
Date: 22 May 2002 10:20:28 -0700

>>>>> "savannah-hackers" == savannah-hackers  <address@hidden> writes:

    savannah-hackers> Hi,
    savannah-hackers> The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs
evaluation to
    savannah-hackers> become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

    savannah-hackers> Submitter: <address@hidden>
    savannah-hackers> Project Full Name:  Emacs Speaks Statistics
    savannah-hackers> Project System Name:  ess
    savannah-hackers> License:  gpl
    savannah-hackers> Approval URL:
https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=2086
    savannah-hackers> Description: This is an Emacs package which assists with
statistical analysis and programming for performing statistical data analysis.
It supports R (GNU S), S, S-PLUS, SAS, Stata, XLispStat, Omegahat, and other
free and commercial statistical languages and software.  It also provides tools
for Literate Statistical Analysis (an application of literate programming to
data analysis).

    savannah-hackers> Current WWW Site:
http://software.biostat.washington.edu/statsoft/ess/

    savannah-hackers> Current License: GPL 2.0

    savannah-hackers> Current Version: 5.1.21 (next to be released in the
coming month).

    savannah-hackers> Current Status: Active.(We are considering moving over
all development to here).

    savannah-hackers>  -- the Savannah admin

I should add to this, that currently, the package fails, in the sense
that we've got some cruft to edit so that it will satisfy the GNU
Emacs Lisp coding standards.  This is planned, though!

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini                            Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics          address@hidden