[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Ad Astra

From: mpersano
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Ad Astra
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:22:48 -0400

Mauro Persano <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Ad Astra
System name: adastra

    My project is Ad Astra, a free space flight
    simulator.

    Rather than creating yet another Star Wars-
    inspired space combat arcade game, the idea
    is to simulate real spacecraft - Mercury,
    Gemini, Apollo, Soyuz, Shenzhou, etc - which is
    much more exciting in the author\'s opinion.

    It will be released under the GPL license.

    Initially, the target will be GNU/Linux i386
    (since I don\'t have anything else to test it
    on)... the current source code base isn\'t
    exactly portable, but that will change
    Real Soon Now.

    The idea is to make something that doesn\'t
    depend on the latest 3D hardware from NVidia
    to run; rendering is software-based, and it
    won\'t use OpenGL.

    Ehm... that\'s it, does this description really
    have to be 20 lines? :-)

    There is some code, but not much, as the project
    is currently two days old. It\'s here:

    http://www.insite.com.br/~mpersano/adastra.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
GNU/Linux i386, local X server