[Savannah-hackers] Problem with CVS

From: Gilles
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Problem with CVS
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:28:36 +0200

There is still a problem. In fact, cvs doesn't put
"cvs server: [04:48:31] waiting for gdenat's lock in /cvsroot/hunt/hunt",
now, when I launched the command "cvs -z3
address@hidden:/cvsroot/hunt/ commit hunt"

but here are the output of the command :

--------
cvs commit: Examining hunt
cvs commit: Examining hunt/interface_admin
cvs commit: Examining hunt/interpreteur
cvs commit: Examining hunt/jeu
cvs commit: Examining hunt/p_httpd
Enter passphrase for RSA key '/home/hunt/.ssh/identity':

Log message unchanged or not specified
a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining dirs
Action: (continue) c
? hunt/p_httpd/split.adb
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets.adb
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-windows_link.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-windows_link.adb
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-utils.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-utils.adb
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-thin.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-stream_io.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-stream_io.adb
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-naming.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-naming.adb
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-multicast.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-multicast.adb
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-link.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/sockets-constants.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/p_httpd.ads
? hunt/p_httpd/p_httpd.adb
? hunt/p_httpd/adasockets-1.0.tar.gz
? hunt/p_httpd/README
? hunt/jeu/test_labyrinthe.adb
? hunt/jeu/test_joueur.adb
? hunt/jeu/random_generic.ads
? hunt/jeu/random_generic.adb
? hunt/jeu/objets.ads
? hunt/jeu/objets.adb
? hunt/jeu/labyrinthe.ads
? hunt/jeu/labyrinthe.adb
? hunt/jeu/joueur.ads
? hunt/jeu/joueur.adb
? hunt/jeu/jeu.ads
? hunt/jeu/arbitre.ads
? hunt/jeu/arbitre.adb
? hunt/interpreteur/test_phttpd.adb
? hunt/interpreteur/test_interpreteur.adb
? hunt/interpreteur/p_test_phttpd.ads
? hunt/interpreteur/p_test_phttpd.adb
? hunt/interpreteur/p_test_interpreteur.ads
? hunt/interpreteur/p_test_interpreteur.adb
? hunt/interpreteur/interpreteur.ads
? hunt/interpreteur/interpreteur.adb
? hunt/interface_admin/test_interface_admin.adb
? hunt/interface_admin/src
? hunt/interface_admin/pixmaps
? hunt/interface_admin/interface_admin.ads
? hunt/interface_admin/interface_admin.adb
? hunt/interface_admin/hunt.glade

 cvs -Killed by signal 2.

------------------------

In fact, I killed CVS because nothing was happening : the output of cvs stay
like this about 20 minutes, and it seems there were no activity over my
ethernet connection. What's more, the size of the source file in this
directory is big : about 250 kB, and I have a fast internet connection (20
kB/s).  So I do not inderstand what's happening.

After this, if I try again to launch cvs, the same
message ("cvs server: [04:48:31] waiting for gdenat's lock
in /cvsroot/hunt/hunt") appears...

Maybe I can give you some informations about my linux installation :

Gentoo 1.1a
CVS  1.11.2
OpenSSH_3.1p1, with "Protocol 1" in ~/.ssh/config

Maybe I 'm doing wrong something with Log message ?

Thank you

Gilles Denat

address@hidden
or