Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: splash screen display when Emacs is given arg

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: splash screen display when Emacs is given arguments
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 07:59:18 +0300 (IDT)

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

>           However, /cvs/emacs is a symlink to /cvsroot/emacs/emacs and
> therefore
>     do not share the same CVSROOT files.
>
> Is this the old repository for the sake of people like me who use lsh?

It also allows write access without SSH.  Doing that with SSH would be a
nuisance for me since I will have to login to fencepost to commit
changes.  Windows CVS clients don't have good solutions for SSH CVS
access (the best ones require you to type the passphrase for every CVS
command, since ssh-agent doesn't work).

OTOH, perhaps this is not an important consideration anymore, as I have
rather limited resources to work on Emacs lately.  I guess it's up to
you.