[Savannah-hackers] submission of Adaptive Domain Environment > Confident

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Adaptive Domain Environment > Confidential?
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 12:35:02 +0200

Is savannah beggining to be a secret place with "confidential" projets?

Recently, requesting this status, a project was rejected. Is this project so secret that only Loic have the right to know what do you plan to do during the registration procedure and why someone can succesfully do a registration that would be rejected for anyone else?

I'm really not fine with this ("Confidential. Please create in private mode and ask address@hidden for detailed information.": is savannah about freedom or about autocracy?) and I think that anyone should be able to know why a particular project is hidden from the public.

The FSF projects are because they are not software nor documentation projects.

And about this one: why?

If it is not a software project, why should we accept this one since many others non-software projects has been rejected? Does a special clause, allowing to accept for his familiar what is unacceptable for the others "normal" savannah users, exist?

Hope to get some clear and lawfull explanations about this (Free Software is transparency, hey ?). If it's not the case, I really don't understand why we ask the "commoners" to write a complete description and maybe things are not what they seem. :(

Regards,

PS: the goal is not to disturb you but, well, I must admit that I'm some kind of crappy idealist...
I'm sure nice explanations exist...