[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Chuite Chat Server

From: gandautama
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Chuite Chat Server
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:55:59 -0400

Ganda Utama <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Chuite Chat Server
System name: chuitechat
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

Welcome to CUITECHAT Version 0.01. Project by Ganda Utama and Gatot Susilo. A
free simple GNU\'s GPL  c/c++ chat server source code program under Linux.

Features

    * No chat client program needed (you can use telnet)
    * Easy commands and help
    * Separate editable message of the day (motd) file
    * Support multi room; a user can create several room
    * Faster native machine code (after compiled) than script
    * Written under C++, OOP with generic reusable classes
    * Uses Linux\'s PThread which is more efficient than fork

Planned Enhancement
    * I will improve authentication with password.
    * I will implement NVT (Network Virtual Terminal)
      so Windows user can also join the server using telnet.
      (need help :))
    * I might implement connectivity with HTTP
    * I might implement a secure chat room with encryption
    * I\'m open for suggestion.

WEB: http://www.geocities.com/gandautama
EMAIL : address@hidden

Other Software Required:
LINUX Operating System with any GCC compiler.

Other Comments:
Contacting the author

Ganda Utama
address@hidden