Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of KNfsPlugin

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of KNfsPlugin
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:17:01 +0200

address@hidden writes:

 > Jan Schäfer <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
 > License: gpl
 > Other License:
 > Package: KNfsPlugin
 > System name: knfsplugin

 > KNfsPlugin is a NFS server configuration plugin for KDE.

 > In fact it consists of two plugins, one for the KDE Control Center

 > and one for the Konqueror directory proterties dialog.

 > You can download it at :

 > http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~jaschaef/knfsplugin-0.1a.tar.bz2

 > Other Software Required:
 > KDE 3, QT 3.0.3

 > NFS is not needed, but without it, the program doesn\'t make any

 > sense.

 > Other Comments:
 > I couldn\'t write copyright notices to every source file, because

 > some of them are created by QDesigner.

 > I hope this is ok.

        Then these files are subject to a license defined in
QDesigner.  Probably in the same way as files generated by bison,
flex, libtool or automake are under a specific license. As it turns
out, the files do not include this license. Could you please dig
QDesigner to figure out what is the license of these generated files ?

        I realize you must be pretty tired of these licensing checks.
I hope you understand that it's necessary to ensure that your software
can indeed be distributed as Free Software and that nothing will
interfere in the future. It is something no developer like to do and
I sincerly whish I had a magic wand for this ;-)

        Thanks for your patience,