Fwd: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Library EnAb

From: mathieu
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Library EnAbling xupdate address@hidden
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:34:28 +0200

----- Begin Forwarded Message -----
Date : ven 14 jun 2002 à 15h29
Sujet : Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Library EnAbling xupdate
De : Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
À : address@hidden
CC : Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Identifiant du message : <address@hidden>
Références : <address@hidden>
Hi,

This is not for me personally but we use to look to the source code of projects submitted on savannah.

The goal is not to review the quality of the code but just to check the legal issues. For instance, to release a software under (L)GPL you should write copyright
notice and license notice at the beginning of every source
code file http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
In fact, we ask people to do this whatever the license they use. A free software's file can be included in another free project so it is important to specify the copyright owner and license in each file.

Sure, each step is not to so easy. What we do here is trying to help you as we can. :)

You can create a tarball and send it to me and make it available on a url. Also, you need to resubmit your project.

If you have any others questions, dont hesitate to write to address@hidden or using the support manager.
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group=savannah

PS: Note that we also prefer talking about Free Software than Open Source. Talking about Free Software permit to insist on ethical issues and avoid confusion with non-free licenses that claims to be Open Source (open the code is important, let people do something with this code is important too - for example, microsoft give access to his code to some companies. It's not free software, but for them the code is opened) Take a look at this page for a better argumentation http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.fr.html

Regards,