[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of An Extensible C++ Fun

From: grey . havens
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of An Extensible C++ Function Shell
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:42:19 -0400

Raphaƫl Poss <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: An Extensible C++ Function Shell
System name: cppsh

The goal of my project is to develop a command interpreter for
C++ library functions.

Originally part of a R&D work on finite state machines that led to
a whole development platform with a generic C++ library, it was
intented to allow a user to manipulate the data structures defined
in the library dynamically.
It has since evolved into a mature, autonomous C++ shell, which is
able to load dynamically so-called \"modules\" of functions and make them
available as commands, as a scriptable functional language.

Now that it is completely autoconf\'ed, the source tree is mature
for public distribution and group work. I am looking forward using
Savannah\'s services to centralize the source tree.

All sources are currently covered by the LGPL.

Other Software Required:
- recent versions of autotools:
    autoconf 2.53, automake 1.6, libtool 1.4.2
- a decent C++ compiler:
    gcc 3 known to work, and regular ports are made to 2.95
- GNU flex (high requirements on the quality of the generated C++ code)

Other Comments:
This project is somewhat related to many other R&D works at LRDE,
EPITA, France.
Contacts: address@hidden (autoconf and bison maintainer), address@hidden
(co-worker on this project)